[3830] G0WAT Score CQ WPX SOAB QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] G0WAT Score CQ WPX SOAB QRP
From: p.brice-stevens@zeiss.co.uk (p.brice-stevens@zeiss.co.uk)
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 15:54:35 +0000
Scores for G0WAT as follows: -

Band QSO Points Mults

160 0 0 0
80 0 0 0
40 106 221 67
20 256 366 149
15 76 104 44
10 21 37 17

Valid QSO's 459
QSO Points 728
Multipliers 277-------------> 201 656 Points

Group Affiliation: Chiltern DX Club

Equipment: -

TenTec Omni 5,
5 watts
1/2 size G5RV at 20ft
Now there is just no point in you Big Guns out there getting jealous of my
station set-up...just remember this sort of set-up is something you can aspire
to in the long run , although I will consider trade-ins of 1000mp/Alpha/90ft
tower and 5 over 5 on 20m if you feel you just gotta have the best now and
really can't wait.

The contest was great fun and I really enjoyed some of the DX worked with 5w I
think the best would be VK2APK, CN/DJ9RR, CY9RF and JU1T.
There was some really fab pairs of ears out there so Kudos to V26E, WP2Z, et
al. who go to such lengths to make life fun for those RF challenged folk such
as myself - my hat is doffed to you gentlemen.

Most Homer Simpson moment (Doh !) was working the pile-up and getting into HC8N
and for the love of him (whichever op was at the other end) he could not get
the T of G0WATand contact was busted....20 minutes later I wandered across them
again and this time they got my call but had trouble with the S/N I think they
got it but if not well c'est la vie and tnx fer trying.

73 de Paul G0WAT (thats G0WAT not G0WA ..--..)
RSGB,CDXC, and G-QRP 8472