[3830] VE3DCL ARRL June VHF Contest QRP results from FN25

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] VE3DCL ARRL June VHF Contest QRP results from FN25
From: lavoied@istar.ca (Daniel Lavoie)
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 05:25:06 +0100
Hello everyone,

This weekend I operated QRP from FN25 with a 5 elements beam on 6m, an 11
elements beam on 2m, and a rubber ducky on 70cm FM.  The equipment was a
TS-50S in an MFJ 6m transverter, an ICOM IC-260A on 2m SSB, and an FT-470
for 446MHz  FM contacts.  The location was a hill 850' above the Ottawa
valley.

The final score is:

BAND      6M    2M    70CM
QSO:        25      24      2
Grids:        10        8      2
---------------------------------------
Total     ( (25 *1) + (24*1) + (2*2) ) * (10+8+2) = 1060 points

Not bad for 11 hours of contesting.  I was on the band from 4:00 PM until
3:15AM but I had to stop because I felt sick and slept 13 hours on Sunday.

One thing I really liked this weekend is the fact that I could pretty much
work every stations I heard thanks to good antennas and a great elevated
location.  Some stations required persistence but it was a matter of time
before I logged them.  The 1KW stations took a little more work but  I
managed to get a few after 1:00 AM when everyone was asleep and they finally
turned their beams north.

See you guys in the fall.

73
Daniel