[3830] Kids Day @ K5KA

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Kids Day @ K5KA
From: K5ka@aol.com (K5ka@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 13:22:35 EDT
Another great venue for getting the next generation involved
in our hobby (pronounced "obsession").  Kyle sat in the
chair for a little over 2 hours and made 15 QSO's all over
North America.  He was most impressed with the family
that was camping in a park in California.

We spent the last 30 minutes of his visit working on his
CW learning curve.   His Dad asked him what he thought
about morse code .... "Cool... it's kinda like a real time
video game" .... pretty good summary for a 13 year old.

Thanks to the organizers for planting such a productive seed.

K5KA in Oklahoma