[3830] W4AC Tamiami ARC Field Day 99 1A QRP/Battery SFL

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W4AC Tamiami ARC Field Day 99 1A QRP/Battery SFL
From: w4zw@home.com (W4ZW@home.com)
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 12:21:56 -0400
              ARRL FIELD DAY -- 1999

      Call: W4AC  Tamiami Amateur radio Club
                    Venice, Florida

        Category:  Multi-single QRP/Battery  Section:  SFL

      BAND   CW QSO  CW QSO PTS   SSB QSO  SSB QSO PTS

       80        0       0             0       0
       40      145    1450             0       0
       20      329    3290             0       0
       15      343    3430             0       0
       10       27     270             0       0

               844           +        0     =    844 Total QSO

(8440 CW QSO PTS + 0 SSB QSO PTS) + 500 BONUS = 8,940

Operator/Antenna Engineer List:
N4RD, N4ET, W4ZW, W4JS, K4QJP, KE4ZAK, KA1IKO, KD4IDT
(And two "civilians", Frank and Harold)

Equipment Description:
TS-570D dialed to 5W
3 Deep Cycle marine batteries
Toshiba Laptop
A4S, 80M Full wave loop, 40M Bi-Square

Club Affiliation:  Tamiami Amateur radio Club

SOAPBOX:
TARC operated QRP/Battery again this year with beam arrays
on every band and super low loss coax on Casey Key Island
with Ocean take-off (nature's amp). Bands conditions were
simply spectacular!  15 and 20 were open almost continously
with huge signals from you Northern types. Thunderstorms on
saturday made 80 virtually unuseable here, and 40 was difficult
S&P, but 20 and 15 were super.  We even had short runs on
15 and 20 Sunday morning when the band thinned out. Special
thanks to N4RD who had the most hours, and to W4ZW and N4ET
who were in there also.

Thanks for digging us out guys, especially on 40.

/s/  Jon Hamlet, W4ZW  Club Trustee