[3830] K4RO IARU SO CW Only

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K4RO IARU SO CW Only
From: K4RO Kirk Pickering <k4ro@k4ro.net> (K4RO Kirk Pickering)
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 22:03:22 -0500 (CDT)
 IARU SUMMARY SHEET               Contest Dates : July 10-11 1999

 Station Used : K4RO              Operator : K4RO

 Default Exchange : 599 08        Team/Club : TN Contest Group

 Category : Single Operator - CW Only

   Band   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   HQ-Stn   Zones

  160CW       19          19         39       2         4
   80CW       32          32         52       5         6
   40CW      192         190        470      10        16
   20CW      829         798       3312      18        36
   15CW      482         466       1826      13        30
   10CW       13          13         45       2         5

 Totals     1567        1518       5744      50        97

    Final Score = 844,368 points.

Wow, what a contest.  Between thunderstorms right overhead and
(yet another) ring rotator failure, I still managed 23.5 hours
and had a pretty good time.  Fifteen meters was in decent shape
at the beginning, with twenty meters coming alive towards the
latter half.  There were some good simultaneous EU and Asia
openings like in the CW WPX.  Lots of things learned and more
improvements planned, as always.  Still coming up short on
multipliers, but the score is much improved over last year.
This was probably my best sustained effort yet in a contest.
There are things I might do differently next time, but I felt
like I really gave it my best, which is plenty satisfying.
There sure is a lot to like about the IARU HF Championship.

Thanks for the QSOs!     73

-Kirk  K4RO