[3830] komunike ?t .4

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] komunike ?t .4
From: Tine.Brajnik@GUEST.ARNES.SI (Tine Brajnik)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 09:45:10 +0200 (MET DST)

WRTC2000
ORGANIZATION COMMITTEE, COMMUNIQUE No.4

Ljubljana, Slovenia, July 12th, 1999

The Organization Committee is well its way in preparing for WRTC
2000. Apart from technical and other organizational tasks, we have
been very busy finding an adequate solution for national team
selection.

Please note that the deadline for submission of national team
applications is 31st October, 1999.

We extended the deadline for wild-card applications until 31st
December, 1999.

We certainly expect the best and most experienced international
contest operators on the national teams. The number of wild-card
teams is small and it really doesn't bring any guarantees to
anybody. Guys, you better make it sure you get yourself on the
national team! Put another "DX" way: "Work'em first, ask later!".
And once again for those applying as wild-cards: It is NOT
necessary that you took part in all contests we mentioned in our
first communiqu?.

Now something about USA team selection. Clubs from Europe and other
parts of the world will be advised soon. For the selection of US
teams, we used club scores from the three biggest and most
important contests (CQWW, CQWPX and ARRL). Each of the clubs listed
below will select a team leader from it's own members. The
team-mate can be anyone else following these two requirements:
he/she must be from outside the club(i.e. can not be a member of
the team leader's club) and must be an American citizen.

Below is the list of nine American clubs responsible for the
selection of US teams:

1. Frankford Radio Club
2. Yankee Clipper Contest Club
3. Potomac Valley Radio Club
4. North Coast Contesters
5. Society Midwest Contesters
6. Northern California Contest Club
7. Southern California Contest Club
8. Mad River Radio Club
9. Florida Contest Club

In case that some of the listed clubs would not like to nominate
their teams, please let us know before September 30th, 1999. For
further information.we would very much appreciate, if club leaders
could contact us on the following e-mail address: <scc@bit.si>.

73, Tine Brajnik, S50A
President, Organization Committee