[3830] IARU99 with Murphy from OE2VEL/OE2S

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IARU99 with Murphy from OE2VEL/OE2S
From: klier@aon.at (Klier)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 20:19:46 +0100
                      IARU HF Championship -- 1999

      Call: OE2S                     Country:  Austria
      Operator: OE2VEL               Category: Single Operator CW

     BAND      QSO   QSO-PTS   PTS/Q    ZONES  HQ STNS

      160       21       29     1.38      3     12
       80       48       94     1.96      7     15
       40      118      350     2.97     17     22
       20      509     2011     3.95     29     23
       15      329     1217     3.70     27     19
       10       93      263     2.83     18     18

     Totals   1118     3964     3.55    101    109

                 Score: 832,440 points

All reports sent were 59928, unless otherwise noted.

Equipment Description: FT1000D, DX 70, 5 el. Tribander, Loops, Dipoles

Comments: MURPHYS CONTEST!!! 4 Weeks before the contest a big thunderstorm
cut my antennas at home as well as a tower at my friends station (DL9PT),
where I usually operated IARU RF CC signing DJ0FX. One week before the contest
we succeeded to finish the towers, but not the antennas. Heavy rain and a
lot of work made it impossible to finish the antenna work in Germany, so I
decided to operate my reestablished home station (located in a valley instead
of a hilltop-location). First 10 hours barefoot because of danger of TVI,
at midnight local time, I switched on the PA.
1 CQ .... clack ... it stopped to operate, so I continued barefoot
=> not a winning score, but nice to see good propagations again.

Club Affiliation: Bavarian Contest Club (BCC)

                             Signature  Wolf Klier, OE2VEL

           MAILING ADDRESS:

                 OE2S
                 c/o OE2VEL Wolf Klier