[3830] OH6RX IOTA 99 Mixed 12H

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] OH6RX IOTA 99 Mixed 12H
From: jussi-pekka.sampola@vacon.com (jussi-pekka.sampola@vacon.com)
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 16:38:10 +0200

                       ISLANDS ON THE AIR -- 1999

      Call: OH6RX                    Country:  Finland
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Single Operator

     BAND      QSO   QSO-PTS   PTS/Q    IOTA

CW    160        0        0      0.0      0
SSB   160        0        0      0.0      0
CW     80        0        0      0.0      0
SSB    80        0        0      0.0      0
CW     40       37      231      6.2      7
SSB    40        3       33     11.0      2
CW     20      284     1344      4.7     13
SSB    20      659     3645      5.5     38
CW     15       57      351      6.2     10
SSB    15       60      492      8.2     14
CW     10        0        0      0.0      0
SSB    10        0        0      0.0      0

     Totals   1100     6096     5.54     84

                 Score: 512,064 points

Equipment Description:
Kenwood TS-440S + TL922 + Butternut HF6V (tnx OH6MIL)

Comments: Nice Contest! I had great time! Hope that i
fullfilled some of island chacers needs again. I lost
tucht to contest almost at the begin because there was
quit big thunderstrom (lightning) passing my qth (inland
Raippaluoto island). I had to run all the time out from
cottage to see if its coming closer. After 6 hours from
beginning of the contest i though that "now its gone away".
I felt again that everything is in order, but i was wrong.
Almost at midnight (21z) i realize that QRN level is high
again. I went out and heard this terrible lightning sound.
When i climbed up to small hill, i saw huge thuderstorm
over the whole sea! I had to turn down my antennas and
switch off all the coaxial cables etc. On this point of
contest i made decision to move 12 hours class (i want to
work contests also after this one). It takes couple of hours
when lightning is finally over. I woke up in morning and work
few west coast stations on 20m. When time is up (12h) i started
packing things. Thanks for all and CU next year!

Club Affiliation: Contest Club Finland

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               Jussi-Pekka Sampola  OH6RX
               Tolbyn niittytie 238