[3830] K0OU NAQP CW score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K0OU NAQP CW score
From: km0l@tfs.net (Steve Lufcy)
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 10:19:02 -0500
                          NCJ NORTH AMERICAN QSO PARTY

     Call used: K0OU                                           Location: MO

     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: CW              Power: 100W

     Callsign of Operator: K0OU

     Exchanged Information: K0OU STEVE MO

     Hours of Operation: 09:52

     band      QSOs      points    mults     ant

     160          8           8       5               inv L
      80         59          59      24             hightower vert
      40        212         212      42            C4SXL
      20        159         159      41               "
      15         41          41      23                "
      10          5           5       3                   "

     TOTAL      484         484     138      SCORE: 66,792

     Club or Team Name: Tennessee Contest Group #3

     Rig 1: TS-940S -> C4SXL
     Rig 2: TS-430S -> hightower, 160 invL
     comp: 486 laptop w/NA 10.36

     Comments:  I love static, I love static, I love static.
                        If I tell myself that enough then maybe I will
start believing I had a good time in this contest. T-storms came thru and
just destroyed the bands from 20 thru 160. Made it tuff everywhere.
I even had to shut down everything for about an hour at dusk, just when the
signals started building.
End result was my poorest effort in quite a while. Q's down, mult's way
down. No opening on10 and
even 15 was puny. 20 was noisy and 80 and 160 were pretty much useless,
while only the big sigs
getting thru even on 40. Whew! This was work!
Apologies to all those who tried to move me to other bands and missed me- I
tried but was unable to
hear most of you. Only successful moves were K3MM to 10M and K5GN to 160.
Did not work anyone
on all 6 bands, or even on 5 bands. Hopefully the sprints will be better.

     I, by virtue of my statement below, have taken part in the

           NCJ NORTH AMERICAN QSO PARTY on 08/07/1999

     conscientiously applying my most ethical interpretation of the
     published rules for this contest.

     Name: Steve Lufcy                     Call: K0OU
           11020 E 72nd Ter
           Raytown, MO  64133

73 de K0OU Steve in KC