[3830] KI7WX NAQP CW SO Unstable

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] KI7WX NAQP CW SO Unstable
From: KI7WX@aol.com (KI7WX@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 23:10:54 EDT

Call: KI7WX
Name: Mark
Section: NC

Team: PVRC-JV

Band     Q      M         Antenna
10       zip    zip      130' doublet @ 75' (all bands + tuner)
15       14     8         40M GP
20       50    24        dipole at 60'
40       67    32        GP
80       28    15        130' doublet
160     24    16        130' doublet

      183 x 95 = 17,385  in about 8 hours

First attempt at anything from our new home in Raleigh, NC.  Finally have a
QTH with real space and plenty of high trees for wire antennas.  Looking to
build some phased arrays and a perhaps a tower for fall, but nothing special
up yet.  The few wires seemed to play fine, and the location is reasonably
quite, so it'll be fun.  Was putting up antennas until 5p so missed the
start.  Need to interface the rig to the PC and all that stuff too.  Main
goal from here is to be active on CW and perhaps become passably proficient
at the mode.  Have a long long long way to go.  If you asked me to QSY and I
did not, it was because I missed the request - sorry!!  Biggest brain fart
was asking one of the "ED's" if he was really using "L" as a name.  Was
happily surprised to find calling CQ drummed up several responses on 160.
Thanks to K4MA for putting the PVRC-JV team together.

Sadly, I will miss NA-SSB for my sisters wedding.  Don't really like her all
that much anyway and even less so since she scheduled things for a contest
weekend :)

Cheers,

Mark