[3830] N4VI, NAQP SO SSB

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N4VI, NAQP SO SSB
From: n4vi@diac.com (Chris Adams)
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 22:28:40 -0600

                              NA QSO SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 21-Aug-99, 22-Aug-99

    Callsign Used : N4VI
         Operator : N4VI

 Default Exchange : Chris CO

             Name : Chris Adams
          Address : 8494 Stoneridge Terrace
   City/State/Zip : Boulder, CO 80302-9355
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : TCG#1

  160SSB       1           1          1       1
   80SSB      41          41         41      24
   40SSB      66          66         66      30
   20SSB     241         239        239      45
   15SSB      39          39         39      19
   10SSB       1           1          1       1

 Totals      389         387        387     120

    Final Score = 46440 points.

Antennas:

160m:   inverted L
80m:    inverted vee, ladder line feed
40m:    see 80m
20/15/10m:      Cushcraft D-3 rotatable dipole, fixed E/W

Commments:

10m was basically dead as a doornail.  15m was only a tad bit better.
This left the daylight hours as a single band contest.  I like to
alternate running and S&Ping.  Well, I had already worked everyone I
could S&P on 20m early into the test so I kept trying out 15 and 10m.
Not a very fruitful effort!

Thunderstorms came in around 5pm and it was bad news after that (and
probably before).  Heck I was even tuning my inverted L on 40 and 80
trying to get something going.

The static was so bad that twice in the evening I had to take a few
breaks just to clear my head.  I took the first 1/2 hour of the last
hour of the test off.  I was rewarded with 12 new mults in the last 1/2
hour and a mini-run on 80m.  Thinks did quiet down some and it was
possible to actually hear people calling me.

I guess the highlight was working N0AH in Wyoming on 4 bands.

To summarize, it looks like my results were at least in the ballpark
with others on 20/15 but I fell way behind on the low bands.

chris, n4vi