[3830] N5CQ CW SPRINT

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N5CQ CW SPRINT
From: jlangdon@outer.net (John Langdon)
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 10:02:08 -0500
SPRINT SUMMARY SHEET

     Contest Date : 05-Sep-99

    Callsign Used : N5CQ
         Operator : N5CQ

         Category : SOHP

 Default Exchange : NR JOHN TEX

             Name : John T. Langdon
          Address : 9304 Bell Mountain Dr
   City/State/Zip : Austin, TX 78730
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : CTDXCC

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Countries

   80CW       43          43         43       3         0
   40CW       80          79         79       7         1
   20CW       60          60         60      27         0

 Totals      183         182        182      37         1

    Final Score = 6916 points.

First try at Sprint.  Wild and "non-intuitive" to say the least.  Had
trouble getting the rhythm going, compounded by computer troubles. I
apologize to those I left hanging when a newly installed application decided
it needed to dial out, leaving TR hung, or when I hit the reset button with
my knee.  New computer configuration is coming up RSN.  My antennas on 40
and 80 are not the right mix for a domestic contest.  I was always pointed
east when a W7 was the next opportunity and vice versa.  Maybe if I ...

I, by virtue of my statement below, have taken part in the NCJ North
American
Sprint, conscientiously applying my most ethical interpretation of the rules
for this contest as set forth in the National Contest Journal.