[3830] ARRL VHF - VE2ZP SOABLP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL VHF - VE2ZP SOABLP
From: VE2ZP@newforce.ca (Dave Goodwin VE2ZP/VE9CB)
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 06:47:59 -0400
                       ARRL VHF QSO PARTY -- 1999

      Call: VE2ZP                    Country: CANADA-Quebec Section
                                     Category: Single Operator Low Power

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS      GRIDS

       50        1        1           1
      144       17       17          10
     -----------------------------------
     Totals     18       18          11  =   198

Equipment Description:
     50MHz - FT-620B (20w out) + 3el yagi up 30ft
     144MHz - FT-221R + amp (80w out) + 15el yagi up 90ft

Club Affiliation: Capital Region DX Club

Comment: This was much too quiet, save for the weak and poor auroral
         auroral opening at the end of the contest.  Oddly, when the
         aurora began, a number of stations showed up on 2m who hadn't
         bothered to turn their beams north until then.   I'll keep at
         it, but I'm finding VHF contesting very very boring.