[3830] CQWW-RTTY DJ7AA M/S High power

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW-RTTY DJ7AA M/S High power
From: dj7aa-wil@t-online.de (Wil DJ7AA)
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 11:19:17 +0100
CQ WW RTTY Contest

Call used: DJ7AA
Location:  GER

Entry Class: Multi Op, Single Xmit

Band    QSOs   Pts   QTH    DX  Zones
80       180   351    11    52    11
40       340   854    46    73    25
20       430  1130    48    86    32
15       442  1165    51    80    32
10       247   669    43    62    27
--------------------------------------
Total   1639  4169   199   353   127

--------------------------------------

Claimed Score: 2830751

Software: RTTY by WF1B  v4.0
(a pitty, 4.4F does not run anymore with my PTC1, hope
you fix the problem Ray..)

Power Output: 750
Rig: 2x FT1000D
        IC736
     PTC1
     PTC2

PA: hombrew 4x4CX250 750W
            ZZ1002 600W

Ant: 80m 4-square, 22m Vertical
     40m 3el 30m
     20m 6el 30m
     15/10m 5el Tribander in 15m
     HF6V Vertical
     500m Beverage NW
     86m Beverage NE

Operators: DJ7AA,DK1BT,DL5LYM,DL8WPX(YB1AQS) and Tina DL6MYL

Club Participation: RRDXA

Comments:

A very funny contestweekend for us here. Even a major contest and
good conditions on the highbands are a funny thing.
The contest starting good on 20m with nice signals from all over
USA. I think we could run the whole night on 20m, but we have to
share the time to pick up also the 40/80m openings. 40m did very
well on both nights, specially second big signals from the westcoast
coming through. Got some very nice multiplier there.
I was a bit frustrating about 80m, specially sunday morning.
Was cqing about half a hour bevore sunrise and nothing....
Hearing K4EA and K5XI with 599 calling on my QRG for TY1RY (but was he
there??) but never answer my call. The best, K5IX spottet us in packet
but never called me, I don't have TX on 80m, hi....
Why we did such a hard work to build the long beverage before the
contest? Next year we better use the time for relaxing.
Sunday evening give me a big surprise with a excellent 10m opening
very late specially to northern and western US and Canada. But never
hear a peep from CA, the most western I could work was AA7A for Zone 3.
Could hear VE6WQ jumps over 10m and calling stations, but could't get
him. But finally the late opening brings the 10m multiplier up to
43 QTH points.
15m this year was simply the best band, good signals from all over the
world and also a lot of DX activity make this band a nice running band.
Even get more QSOs with a simple antenna compare to my big 6ele on 20m.
Last not least we will thanks everyone who called us and hope to hear
you in CQWW SSB and CW.

73 Wil DJ7AA