[3830] KB1H WAG MS-Mixed Mode

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] KB1H WAG MS-Mixed Mode
From: v-1cter@mssupport.microsoft.com (Chris Terkla)
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 15:13:39 -0400
                    W O R K E D    A L L    G E R M A N Y   '9 9

Call . . . . . . .  KB1H      Multi-Single Mixed Mode

Operators. . . . .  Dick Pechie KB1H
                    Chris Terkla N1XS

 Band    QSO    QSO Pts   Multiplier
 80m      45        135      20
 40m      45        135      16
 20m      69        207      20
 15m     187        561      25
 10m       4         12       4
         350       1050      85       =   SCORE :     89250

RIG: YAESU FT-1000MP
PWR: Heathkit SB220 KW (except on 10 only 100W)
ANT: 10m 5/5/5 85'/68'/51' Hygain 105CA's
     15m 5/5/5 120'/90'/60' Hygain 155CA's
     20m 5/4/4 90'/90'/60' Telrex 5/ 2-Hygain 204BA's
     40m 3 ele KLM @ 85'
     80m 4 Square
----------------------------

10 The temporary amp with the old tubes did not like 10M and there did
not seem to be
   much activity there anyway.

15 Continues to be our money band. Ain't no meters like 15 meters.
Worked 25 DOK's but no J
   anywhere. Someone said there is no J DOK, but last year there was a
special "JR" DOK...
   was there one this year???

20 Not quite as good as 15 but OK.  Lots of Jamboree stations and RSGB
contester as well!

40 Worked a mostly on CW and heard many on SSB, but only one or two who
were listening UP!
   Wish more stations had listened up as we heard many stations calling
just out of our
   band privileges!

80 Worked mostly CW here, but as with 40 there was heavy QRN and SSB was
tough. Worked as many
   DOK's on 80 as we did on 20.

Overall:  Good contest, lots of fun even if condx weren't to good.  Good
warmup for CQWW and we
          worked a few bugs out!  To bad we had a Germany and a Jamboree
contest on at the same
          time, lots of Jamboree folks answered our Germany CQ's! And of
course we always want to
          take a moment with the Jamboree stations and the scouts! Maybe
if the contests are on
          the same weekend, JOTA QSO's could count to, got to keep
interest going in our hobby!
          Thanks to everyone who worked us! With the condx the way they
were, we got some rest in,
          and also had several hours of down time thanks to Mr. Murphy!

CU all in CQWW! Look for us on all six bands!...It is gonna be good!

73 Dick KB1H -- Tschuess!