[3830] CQWW SSB KH2/N2NL SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KH2/N2NL SOAB HP
From: n2nl@netpci.com (n2nl@netpci.com)
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 04:03:11 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - SSB

Call: KH2/N2NL
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: KH2JU

Class: SOAB HP
Operating Time (hrs): 40

  160:      2      2      2
   80:     47     14     14
   40:    417     24     47
   20:    938     36    109
   15:   1556     37    100
   10:   2281     38    113
-------------------------------
Total:   5241    151    385  =  8,132,192

Comments:

    First, I want to publicly thank Danny, KH2JU, for the use of his station.
I live in navy housing on a communications station, and 2 months ago they
decided that I might be interfering with one of the tenant commands and shut me
down from my home.  Danny just finished his new house in a beautiful hilltop
location, and just finished a shack addition on the 2nd floor the week of the
contest.  He enjoys SSB contesting, but instead of breaking in his new station
himself, he gave me the honor even though he really wanted to play himself.
For this I owe him my thanks and some really BIG favors!
    I'm primarily a CW contester but wanted to do one serious SSB contest from
Guam before I rotate back stateside early next year.  This weekend was
primarily to see how the station "plays" on the different bands to prepare for
the CW weekend where I will be 100% hard core.  The station REALLY plays! 10m
was great and the pileups were fun as was running up the big zone total (I
missed 40 and 34).  Most fun was running over a hundred east coast stations on
20m scatter at about 0930Z the second day.  It was almost like AU but we were
both beaming south instead of north.
    Congrats to the other Oceania S/O guys; V8A, 9M8R, and NH7A for the big
numbers I'm sure they ran up.  Although I think I gave them a run for their
money I'm sure I wasn't close to having the top OC score.
    73, and see everyone next month!
  Dave KH2/N2NL