[3830] KQ2M '99CQPH SOHP Unassisted 15 Single Band ** NEW US RECORD **

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] KQ2M '99CQPH SOHP Unassisted 15 Single Band ** NEW US RECORD **
From: kq2m@mags.net (Robert L. Shohet)
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 08:29:23 -0800
Hi Guys,

Went single band so I could spend some time with my new (3-month) old
daughter Melissa and help mom.  Thanks especially to Joe, N3MKZ and also
to N2TK, N7UN, N1MM, K5FUV, K3WW and others, the 15 meter stack
(stackmaster problems aside) works great!

On Sat. 11/13 I need to put up a 20 & 40 so that I can make a better
ALL-BAND score for the club.  We need two more volunteers (ground-crew)
for a fun day at a great location with a beautiful view.  I'm only 90
miles from the PA border.  Can anyone come up and help?

73

Bob KQ2M

                    CQ WORLD WIDE DX CONTEST -- 1999

      Call: KQ2M (at home!)          Country:  United States
      Mode: SSB                      Category: SOHP 15 Unassisted
      Zone: 5                                  32 hours operation

      160        0        0     0.00      0       0
       80        0        0     0.00      0       0
       40        0        0     0.00      0       0
       20        0        0     0.00      0       0
       15     2687     7809     2.91     39     149
       10        0        0     0.00      0       0

     Totals   2687     7809     2.91     39     149  =>  ** 1,468,092 **

**   NEW US record

Equipment Description:

FT1000MP & Titan

4 Hygain 155CA's

5/5/5/5  @ 30/60/90/110  30/60/90 Fixed NE  110' Rotatable

COMMENTS:

Had lots of fun despite horrible line noise to the West and a bad
stackmaster circuit board (often had 1200 watts REFLECTED power).

Really neat to be loud from home (finally!) and the first trip to
the basement shack for my 3 month old daughter Melissa to see daddy
operate almost made me forget about the rest of the contest!

More comments soon if I can find the time and congrats to Scott, K8DX,
on a great job.

Tnx for working me this weekend.  CU in CQCW!  73's  Bob KQ2M

Club Affiliation: FRANKFORD RADIO CLUB

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               ROBERT L. SHOHET  KQ2M
               51 SCUDDER ROAD