[3830] CQWW SSB 5X1T SOSB 10 assisted

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB 5X1T SOSB 10 assisted
From: bogus@does.not.exist.com ()
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 05:43:49 +0300
      Call: 5X1T (ON6TT,op)   Country:  Uganda
      Mode: SSB               Category: SOSB 10m high power, assisted

       10     4557    13546     2.97     40     175

Totals: 2,912,390 pts

FT1000MP, 2x Alpha 91b, Force12, R7

Club Affiliation: RRDXA

Remarks:
Running from 5X1Z's QTH. Forgot he had no VHF antenna, so had no
cluster access. Heard but did not work a couple of the mults: VP2M,
V3, D2,.. Listened on VP2M for 2 hours, and he did not hear me.
Nicest surprises were KL7Y and JW5E calling me. Each one a double and
very much wanted multiplier.
I stayed up until the very end of the contest, even though there was
not much to be heard. but by 2330z, seemed many people turned their
antennas back to Africa, and worked 3 more multipliers in a row: P2,
VK9L and HR.

had some good pileups. QRATE says:
        best minute: 8 QSOs/minute
        best 10 minutes: 60 QSOs/10 minutes
        best hour: 303 QSOs/hour

This years' contest was close to the peak of the 11 year cycle, at the
yearly peak for 10m, and at a point with low indices. How much better
could it get?
10m was open with massive signals 24h/day. Pileups spread from 28,200
to 29,250. 1 MHz full with contests. Never heard that before.
It is always a yearly high to hear, as the starting time of the
contest come closer, people setting up stations, coming on the air
from rare places, and then warming up for the contest a few hours
before.
Like Formula 1 drivers blowing smoke while warming up....

This was my last radio-weekend in 5X.

Peter Casier,
5X1T/ON6TT