[3830] SS CW score - WG9L sohp

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] SS CW score - WG9L sohp
From: bschwerdlin@hlb.com (Bob Schwerdlin)
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 08:52:27 -0600
Sweepstakes CW results for WG9L

Callsign:       WG9L
Entry Class:    B

Band    QSO's
------------
160     0
80      139
40      295
20      145
15      162
10      72
------------
Total   813 x 79

Score = 128,454

Originally set out to break 1000 Q's and a sweep.  I thought conditions on
Saturday were much better than on Sunday.  Strange conditions also,
regarding propagation.  I found East coast stations were quite weak
compared to West coast stations.  Rotating the beams didn't seem to make
much difference... for the most part, until Sunday afternoon, then things
started to look normal.

QSO rate was slower this year than in the past - I thought.

Had 77 of the 79 sections by bed time saturday evening.  Spent most of the
morning and early afternoon on Sunday hunting down the last two:  KP2 and VE4
Finally got KP2N after sitting in a HUGE pile-up on 15M for over 40
minutes, with the keyer set to about 15 WPM to work him (bummer).  Then
found VE4GN about 30 minutes later on 20M running at about 35 WPM - What a
breath of fresh air to work him.  Great signal, fast and clean CW sending
and a GOOD operator.  No big pile-up, because his IS a CW man!  After
getting the sweep, I felt like I had just given birth.  I took about a half
hour off and made lunch.  Calling CQ on 40 late Sunday evening, another VE4
called me.  Insurance QSO, I guess.

Had a blast, as usual.  See you next year for SS CW and possibly a little
SS SSB in two weeks.

73

Bob, WG9L