[3830] ARRL SS CW AA4LR SO Low Power

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS CW AA4LR SO Low Power
From: aa4lr@radio.org (aa4lr@radio.org)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 11:29:10 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes - CW

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: SO Low Power
Operating Time (hrs): 3

Section: GA

  160:      0
   80:      0
   40:     22
   20:     16
   15:     39
   10:      7
-------------------------------
Total:     84 x     46  =  7728

Comments:

Club: South East Contest Club

Equipment:
Venerable Kenwood TS430S, running 95 watts
R7000 Vertical, Attic Delta Loops for 10m, 15m
20 year old CMOS keyer

Comments:
Only had a few hours on, so I tried to make the most of it. After working WPX
CW at NQ4I's, copying CW is much easier. Still needs work.

Apologies to everyone for my horrible, grotty sending. For some reason, my
keyer sometimes wouldn't "start" when the dah paddle was depressed first. This
was OK for my callsign (every character starts with a dit), but not for check
and section! I replaced the battery, then cleaned the paddle contacts for the
third or forth time, and that did it.

Best moment was working VY1JA on 15m on the third call. Timing is EVERYTHING.

See everyone on the phone version.