[3830] ARRL SS CW W5VX SOLP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS CW W5VX SOLP
From: w5vx@HILINE.NET (Bill Parry)
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 22:13:27 -0600
                        ARRL SWEEPSTAKES -- 1999

      Call:  W5VX                     Section:  ST
      Mode: CW                       Category: SingleOp Low Power

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS   SECTIONS

      160        0        0        -
       80       30       60        -
       40      188      376        -
       20      109      218        -
       15      367      734        -
       10      201      402        -
     -----------------------------------

     Totals    895     1790       78

               Score:  139,620

Power Output: 100 watts     Hours of operation: 16 hours

Equipment Description: FT 1000MP, Force 12 C-3, 2 el 40, and
an inverted vee 80

COMMENTS:

Knowing that I  had to leave on a 4 day business trip 8 hours after the
contest was over kept me getting as "up" as I should have been for this
contest. I should have done much better.

I started out on 15 because it sounded good. Wrong strategy.
It took me 4 minutes to make my first QSO. I had the worst 1st hour
in years. I finally figured out that I should be on 10 and things
improved. I don't know what happened to 20, nothing much going on.
Missed KP2, I must be deaf.

The best part of this contest is that you get to work the best operators.
Lots of great contest technicians. ......and, of course, a few that try your
patience.

Bill, W5VX