[3830] 8P2K - MOST WAE RTTY 1999

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] 8P2K - MOST WAE RTTY 1999
From: vision2000@sunbeach.net (Dean St. Hill)
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 01:26:43 -0400
Fellow Contestors...

It's been a while in getting the score organised... but here it is.
Altogether disappointing, but then that's what happens when you use
one-element beam (vertical) even with high power.

Anyway, I had lots of fun operating from the home QTH with some help
from a couple of the guys from the Club - 'EX and 'FK. The XYL was in
9Y-land so I decided I could really go after a big score... coffee pot
was a-brewing and for the first 24 hrs I felt competitive... but then
there were too many unscheduled breaks, including important breaks to
run a "test" log, to bring the other two "student ops" up to speed
with the software - right in the middle of the 'test. At least
hopefully in the next rtty test there should be more than one source
of the valuable 8P multiplier.

I'm trying to indoctrinate them into the contest fever with some
success.

Antway guys without any further ado... here are the numbers. As always
a special thank-you to the stations who took the time to pass or
receive QTC's; thanks to WF1B for the great software which performed
flawlessly (except for that once when a station acknowledged receipt
of QTC's and then broke into next QSO for a repeat... it must have
taken 5 minutes to figure out how to get that to him... And also
thanks to 8P6EX & 8P6FK who passed by and forced me into the MOST
(where the score is even more awful!!!) - And thanks to all you great
ops who pulled my peanut whistle of a signal out of the mud... I hope
the 8P2 prefix and the mult was just reward.

QSL's go to my QSL manager - KU9C.

Sooo... Here are the numbers...

WAEDC RTTY Contest

Call used: 8P2K
Location:  8p

Entry Class: Single Op, All Band

Band    QSOs   Pts  QTCs Mults
80         3     3     0     3   |
40        31    31    20    21    |
20       177   176   150    34     } Butternut HF6VX Antenna
15        85    84   127    30    |
10       192   190   160    39   |
-----   ----  ----  ----  ----
Total    488   484   457   127

--------------------------------------

Claimed Score: 264421

Rig:   TS 450s
Amp:   Alpha 374a
CPU:   AMD 400 MHz with 64M RAM
Ops:   8P6SH & 8P6EX,8P6FK

Software: RTTY by WF1B  v4.5

Power Output: 500

Club Participation:

"I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations
established for amateur radio in my country. My report is correct
and true to the best of my knowledge. I agree to be bound by the
decisions of the Awards Committee."

Dean, 8P6SH,8P2K