No subject

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: No subject
From: k3est@mother.com (Bob Cox)
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 12:13:42 -0500
<jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>)
Subject: [3830] E-mail Log Preferences
Sender: owner-3830@contesting.com

Hi Contesters,

In an effort to fine tune your log submissions for the CQ WW contest, we
reiterate a few standards to simplify processing of email log submission
and floppy disks. To make life easier for us please try to do the following
as listed below.

The majority of submissions have SUCCESSFULLY done everything as listed below.

If you have already submitted your SSB email log + sum...DO NOT resubmit
it. All is OK. You can check at cqww.com to verify that your SSB log was
received all OK. All SSB submissions go to <ssb@cqww.com>. All CW
submissions to <cw@cqww.com>.

The information below is meant to expedite processing of your log by the CQ
WW Contest Committee, i.e., it will save many hours.

*************
First let's say: We accept the Cabrillo format.
*************
1. Please submit your Log and Sum files as ASCII (plain text). All programs
can do this.

2. Please place All QSOs for all bands in one file, NO separate band logs,
i.e., avoid K3EST.10, K3EST.15, K3EST.log, K3EST.log, etc.. For example if
you use CT submit the .ALL file or TR the .DAT file.

3. All programs do the following but if you are using a homebrew program
make sure that:
A Band is shown for each QSO.
Only one QSO per line.
All columns completely filled from left margin through band and callsign.
CT's ALL, TR-LOG's DAT, Cabrillo, and several others satisfy the above.

4. File names
Please...Only the contest call sign you used and extension in the filename.
Avoid cqwwsum.txt, 1999.log, summary.dat, x1xxxSSB.10, x1xxx15.dat, etc.
All require a file name change by us. Example of correct file name:
Log:  OH2MM.DAT
Yourcall.cbr for Cabrillo, Yourcall.PRN for NA, Yourcall.log for any log
format.

5. Send log and summary files as separate attachments to the same message

6. We prefer unzipped files. Only use ZIP if you have ISP message size
restrictions or are charged by message size. If you must use ZIP, put your
log and summary files in one zip file.

7. Please No Excel, Word, WordPerfect, Rich Text, database, etc. They look
nice but all must be converted to plain text for processing.

GL on CW!

73,

Bob, K3EST
CQ WW Director