[3830] ARRL SS SSB KL9A SO High Power

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS SSB KL9A SO High Power
From: kl9a@qsl.net (kl9a@qsl.net)
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 01:02:49 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes - SSB

Call: KL9A
Operator(s): KL9A
Station: KL9A

Class: SO High Power
Operating Time (hrs): 4

Section: AK

  160:      0
   80:      0
   40:      0
   20:     25
   15:    116
   10:    213
-------------------------------
Total:    354 x     79  =  55,932

Comments:

I was going to get on and put in a fullbore effort in this one... 10m was
great!  I was running at a fantastic rate... then I got bored.  Don't know
what's wrong with me!  So I did a little bit of S&P for mults, then had
something to eat.  A short while later, 6m opened to JA. That was great!
Then
I was really tired, so I went to sleep at 6pm, then up at midnight.  Boy,
the
bands were all open then.  40 was incredible.  Even worked P51BH on 40cw...
for
what it's worth.  I think I'll save my money.  I only needed a couple more
sections on sunday, so spent that time looking for them. Then 6m opened up
again.  This time to the states.  Boy, was that fun!  Even with the nice
tall
mountains so close, I managed some stateside q's.  Then it switched over to
JA,
and had a huge pileup on cw for a bit, then it shut down.  That was more fun
than SS... what's wrong with me?! :)  Last mult was VE5SF.  What is with
VE5?
It is always my hardest section.
I sure do like this new call.  It may be weird, but I like it!  Hope to see
everyone in WWCW at the KL7Y M/M. If condx are decent, it will be a BLAST!
CW
is better anyway.
QSL via NU4N
73!