[3830] ARRL SS SSB KU6J SO Low Power

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS SSB KU6J SO Low Power
From: ericj@kudonet.com (ericj@kudonet.com)
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 15:41:31 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes - SSB

Call: KU6J
Operator(s): KU6J
Station: KU6J

Class: SO Low Power
Operating Time (hrs): 21.5

Section: SV

  160:      0
   80:    107
   40:     46
   20:    173
   15:     45
   10:    142
-------------------------------
Total:    513 x     79  =  80896

Comments:

An unusually wet snow storm iced up my single-wire all-band antenna and brought
it down to 15' (from its usual nose bleeding height of 30').  Only in
California can you be in a section with "valley" in its name and be operating
from a ski resort home at 7100 feet elevation.  Sweep was easy with multiple
Vi, Nwt, and Quebec stations on the air.  South Carolina was the "rare" one for
me.  Many stations commented that they wished I was in Santa Barbara, I guess
it was "rare" for the east coast.  Given the condition of my ice-loaded wire, I
kinda wished I was down in Santa Barbara myself!