[3830] ARRL SS SSB K6LA SO High Power

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS SSB K6LA SO High Power
From: kwidelitz@gtemail.net (kwidelitz@gtemail.net)
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 20:10:02 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes - SSB

Call: K6LA
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: K6LA

Class: SO High Power
Operating Time (hrs): 24

Section: LAX

  160:
   80:    121
   40:    135
   20:    324
   15:    501
   10:    604
-------------------------------
Total:   1685 x     79  =  1685

Comments:

Conditions seemed great, but I only beat my best HP score by 5 QSOs. I was
with
the leaders of the pack the first 5 hours, but then fell way off the pace. 10
meters was as crowded as 20 usually is and it was not possible to find a run
frequency on 40, until I went up to 7298. Then I made the mistake of going
back
to 20 meters and couldn't ever get anything going on 40 again.

My last two sections for the sweep was SC and NNY, but wound up with 5 from SC
and 7 from NNY. Got 4 from NWT!! Only single QSO section was VI, who called
me.

The best thing about this contest was that I didn't get sick until about an
hour after it ended. Came out of the shower with a bad case of the chills.
Wound up sleeping fitfully all night but made up for it by sleeping almost all
of Monday.

Ken, K6LA

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/