[3830] K5OY 99 SS SSB SO LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K5OY 99 SS SSB SO LP
From: Steve Gibbs" <k5oy@alltel.net (Steve Gibbs)
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 13:51:15 -0600
                         1999 ARRL NOVEMBER SWEEPSTAKES

     Call used: K5OY                                           Location: AR

     Category: Single Op Assisted         Mode: PHONE           Power: 100W

     Callsign of Operator: K5OY

     Exchanged Information: nr A K5OY 92 AR

     Hours of Operation: 21:56

     band      QSOs     points
     -------------------------
     160          0          0
      80        153        306
      40        243        486
      20        247        494
      15        159        318
      10        271        542
     -------------------------
     TOTAL     1073       2146   X   79 multipliers  =  169,534

     Club or Team Name: Ozark Contest Club

     Comments:  Beautiful weather.  Beautiful wife.  Sure to be a
     beautiful child on the way.  I have found all of these factors
     to be a part of my waning contest interest.  Don't get me wrong.
     I still love to contest and will do so for many years to come.
     But with other, more pressing matters at hand, it makes for
     difficulty in sitting in one place for 24 hours while calling
     CQ.  It may have also have been that most of those cq's went
     unanswered.  I would say a good 40% of my total was S and P this
     year.  Conditions were phenomenal in Western Arkansas and that
     opened up a plethora of stations to work.  10 meters was a
     wonderful surprise and kept me busy for the first three hours.
     I, honestly, was not even considering a sweep until SFL, VI and
     NL showed up in the log back to back to back.  I also found it
     quite remarkable that Bob, N4BP was the only SFL worked.  Thanks!!!
     Many non contesters gave me a shout and I, no doubt have more #1
     serial numbers than ever before.
     And, even if I can't put in full time efforts over the next six
     months or so, I will still get on and hand out Qs because, frankly,
     contesters are some of the nicest folks on earth.  It is a real
     joy to run across Larry, K5OT, or Mike K5NZ, or the many others
     who stop for a second to say hi and ask how it's going.  And to
     the other ladies and gentlemen I can't remember off hand, thanks
     for making this a great hobby.
     I did hand out one sweep.  That was cool!  And I worked 6, count
     'em, six, Alaskans!!  Who wudda thought.
     This is a fun contest, isn't it.
     73
     steve
     k5oy@alltel.net

     I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations for
     amateur radio  in my country.  My report  is correct and true to the
     best of my knowledge.  I agree  to be bound by  the decisions of the
     ARRL Awards Committee.

     Name: STEVE GIBBS                     Call: K5OY
           22 ABERDEEN
           FORT SMITH, AR  72908