[3830] ARRL SS SSB KZ1M SO Low Power

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS SSB KZ1M SO Low Power
From: jpdalt@aol.com (jpdalt@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 20:53:26 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes - SSB

Call: KZ1M
Operator(s): KZ1M
Station: KZ1M

Class: SO Low Power
Operating Time (hrs): 24

Section: WMA

  160:      0
   80:    522
   40:     38
   20:    333
   15:    105
   10:    245
-------------------------------
Total:   1243 x     79  =  196,394

Comments:

Final score is, of coures, pending review by replay officials.
Observations: Seemed to be very civil for a phone contest. Think I sat on
3.854 MHz most of Saturday evening and was not harassed by any farmers nets,
pig or otherwise. Was politely asked twice during the contest to either slide
up or down for a net, which I politely did. Both times the gents
asking me to move also offered to give me a point in the contest.
Also, a huge thanks to all the casual participants, without whom
all us "serious" guys' scores would be cut by at least 25%. Got so many calls
on Sunday PM from stations with nimbers well under 100, and it's really
appreciated! Also, liked the new categories, but took my brain
a while to get used to them. I seemed to have more trouble processing "Mike"
more than the others. I could definitely tell when I'd been "spotted" on
packet, a pile-up of U and M stations would suddenly appear, all
saying "Thanks for Western Mass."
Happy Thanksgiving to all. Jim, KZ1M