[3830] ARRL SS SSB KQ6QW SO Low Power

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS SSB KQ6QW SO Low Power
From: bgelinas@earthlink.net (bgelinas@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 19:36:59 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes - SSB

Call: KQ6QW
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SO Low Power
Operating Time (hrs): 15

Section: LAX

  160:
   80:
   40:      1
   20:     84
   15:    212
   10:    245
-------------------------------
Total:    542 x     75  =  81300

Comments:

IC-706
TH3jr @ 24 ft
Gap Voyager vertical

Missed SC, MR. YT, and SDG (arrrrgh!). Not a serious contest setup, but it was
still a blast. The 706 just can't deal with wall-to-wall superstations on 20m.
First time I've ever had a beam to use in an HF contest.The difference was
subtle; not night and day, but there were always new stations to work. I even
got a couple of "big signal" reports to the north central USA on Sunday
afternoon. Had to knock off early due to high winds. Only heard one SDG
station
on; she was calling an SF station, which I also needed at the time; worked the
SF and never heard another SDG. Where were all the SCs? Seems like they were
rarer than the northern Canadians.

See hope to work everyone in the ARRL 10m test.

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/