[3830] CQWW CW N2BA SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N2BA SOAB LP
From: usallens@home.com (usallens@home.com)
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 21:03:44 -0500 (EST)

160M Inv V at 90'
80M Inv V at 90'
40M 2-el Cushcraft at 100'
20M 4/4 at 114/45
15M 4/4 at 65/35
10M 4/4 at 60/25, 5el at 110

7,10-30 Log Periodic at 50'

Comments:

Two years ago I entered the CQWWCW without a linear and won the category
without thinking I had a chance. Last year was with a linear and realized how
pathetic my operation was compared to the big guns, so I thought I'd try LP
again. Both attempts were with 2 radios though previously the second was
always
on the log periodic. This year I added a second feed line to the big tower and
put 15 and 40 on one and the rest on the other. I put band pass filters out at
the switch box on the tower (they weren't water tight and it rained the first
night; I wrapped them in plastic which failed to keep the water out but helped
keep them wet all weekend). I've also added low 15 and 10 meter beams so there
is a stack into EU on 10,15, and 20 now.

Well, the conditions were so good I can't tell if all this paid off, but it
was
great!  Since I have more fun doing S&P and trying to bust a pile up than
running most of the time, this category is great fun for me. I tried to have
two radio with a linear about 6 years ago and now all my attenuator resistors
are fried. Unless the super stations start to turn off their amps, I think
I've
found my niche.

73,

Brooke