[3830] CQWW CW 9G5AA Multi-Multi HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW 9G5AA Multi-Multi HP
From: kc7v@arrl.net (kc7v@arrl.net)
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 20:25:00 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - CW

Call: 9G5AA
Operator(s): 9H1EL, G3SXW, G3XTT, G4BWP, G4PIQ, KC7V, KF7E
Station:

Class: Multi-Multi HP
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:    113     15     46
   80:    660     26     82
   40:   2362     35    129
   20:   3765     40    150
   15:   3885     40    153
   10:   3292     40    155
-------------------------------
Total:  14077    196    715  =  38,200,052

Comments:

We lost 2 ops at the last minute do to medical reasons.  The mid-day absorption
killed our rates on 10 and 15 meters both days about mid-day for several hours.
On Saturday about noon all three HF bands went dead for about 15 minutes...not
a signal could be heard.  We had some power and generator problems that caused
us to run barefoot for a bit, but otherwise we had a great time.

The low bands from 9G are very difficult.  Our apologies for those who we could
not work.  We lost our only helium balloon for the 160m vertical just before
the contest.  The beverages really helped us on 80/160 but QRN is still a big
problem.

Look for the Voodudes again next year from West Africa.

73,

Mike