[3830] ARRL 160: K8SM SO QRP - OHIO

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160: K8SM SO QRP - OHIO
From: k8sm@juno.com (Scott A Long)
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 14:45:36 -0500
K8SM

SO - QRP

227 QSO's

42 Sections

No DX

Power output: 5 watts

State: OH
--------------------------------

19,068 points

I wasn't sure if I wanted to try QRP or not.  After the first hour I was
having a blast!!  Either I had a pipeline or conditions were better than
normal.  Tried CQing a couple of times but found that if ai started at
1800 and worked my way up S&Ping that worked out better.  My rate was
much better S&Ping for sure.  Thanks to those who had to hang in there
with me at times to get my call.  I basically worked the loudest stations
Friday night, did the same thing Saturday night for those who I hadn't
worked yet, then started to listen for the ones in the background, that
system paid off.  Got up
Sunday morning at 1100z and picked up 4 new sections.

Looking forward to Stew Perry, see you all in a couple of weeks on the
band.

73, Happy Holidays!
Scott, K8SM

P.S.
I would like to get a report on my signal if you can remember working me.