[3830] W3GH / W9XR 160 Rover Class

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W3GH / W9XR 160 Rover Class
From: slazar19@sgi.net (Spencer Lazar)
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 11:15:14 -0500 (EST)
Rover Class,  Phrase (TM) by AA4NC
(Two calls one station)

Friday night:
Station: W3GH   Operators: W3GH (Single Op. High Power)
675 QSOs  14 DX   72 Sections (86 Mults) 122,550 points

Saturday night:
Station: W9XR   Operators: W3GH, W9XR (Multi-op)
730 QSOs  17 DX   73 Sections (90 Mults) 140,040 points

This contest is broken and needs fixing.

For the third year in a row opted for one station two calls,
W3GH Friday night & W9XR Saturday night. For the third time
im a row Saturday nights score beat Friday nights.

My condolences for all who played with their F1 Saturday night.

Sleep Deprivation:
A quote from W4AN: "HOWEVER... I seemed to have lost the ability
to send an L, F, or C sometime Sunday morning with my paddles.
Man did this piss me off." end quote (CQ WW CONTEST)

W9XR: I drank a six pack of beer a hour before the start of this
contest, same results, man that pissed me off too. (ARRL 160)

On Friday morning I posted this message on cq-contest hoping
to encourage the "Rover Class".

Contesters,

The 160 meter contest is this weekend. Stop by & listen
to the "World's Largest Gathering of Svetlana Beams".

Will be doing the usual 2 call one radio thing, sure
beats falling a sleep on F1 Saturday night.

One Tube, No Handles and proud of it.

Spike ex KN2MWK

Well one of the roving band of anonymous editors of cq-contest,
whomever they may be, did not agreed with the content of this post
and deep sixed it.

Will this post on 3830 meet the same fate?

Spike W9XR