[3830] ARRL 160 N4BP SO QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N4BP SO QRP
From: n4bp@bc.seflin.org (n4bp@bc.seflin.org)
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 13:57:22 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N4BP
Operator(s): N4BP
Station: N4BP

Class: SO QRP
Operating Time (hrs): 17

Section: SFL

Totals:
   215 QSOs x ( 44 Sections +   5 Countries) =  21,805

Comments:

Station: Elecraft K2 kit @ 5W, Inverted Vee @ 60 feet, NA v10.43

What was W8JI using for power and TX antenna!  The station often pinned my
S-Meter and was always at least 10db louder than anyone else.

DX worked: HB9, S58, ZF2, VP5, CO8
Only worked four stations west of the MS: CO, IA, AZ, SJV

Surprised to find HB9BIM abd S58A with big signals in the window and able to
raise them on first call.
Cracked a hefty pile-up on NP4A, but of course he's in my back yard.
Same with ZF2AH and CO8JY...

Many answered me as N4DW.  I tried to correct them before giving exchange, but
several simply gave up on me.  QRP on 160 is insanity!