[3830] ARRL 160 K8ND SO High Power

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K8ND SO High Power
From: jmaass@columbus.rr.com (jmaass@columbus.rr.com)
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 09:57:45 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K8ND
Operator(s):
Station: K8ND

Class: SO High Power
Operating Time (hrs): 21:57

Section: OH

Totals:
  1037 QSOs x ( 75 Sections +  14 Countries) =  190,282

Comments:

    FT-1000MP
    Alpha 91b
    Tx Antenna:  Inv-L (45' vertical, 85' horizontal)
                             ~120 radials on ground.
     Rx Antennas:   300' NE/SW Beverage
                               400' E/W Beverage
                               330' NW/SE Beverage

No prep time in the past few weeks left me finishing installation
of a Beverage for East-West at an hour before the contest
instead of napping like I should have.  Installed the NW-SE
Beverage during the day Saturday in place of sleep.

Two QSOs into the contest I was surprised by my computer locking
down the keyer input. I  'upgraded' to Windows 98 several months
ago, and it doesn't play as nice with NA as W95 did for me.

I was then further surprised to find that my computer would no
longer boot up properly, leaving me with the Blue Screen of Death.
I spent 15 minutes and determined a way to get into DOS and
run NA, although without the keyer functions.

So I did a "nostalgia contest", working all but 5 or six QSOs
with a paddle and the keyer in the FT1000MP.

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/