[3830] CQWW CW OE5OHO SOABHP Assisted

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OE5OHO SOABHP Assisted
From: k3079e2@c210.edvz.uni-linz.ac.at (Huber Oliver B.)
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 15:38:49 +0100 (MET)
                    CQ WORLD WIDE DX CONTEST -- 1999

      Call: OE5OHO                   Country:  Austria
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator High Power
                                               Assisted

      160      193      209     1.08      7      44
       80      234      407     1.74     11      47
       40      379      924     2.44     23      80
       20      389      979     2.52     26      60
       15      323      813     2.52     26      64
       10      665     1748     2.63     34      97

     Totals   2183     5080     2.33    127     392  =>  2,636,520

Equipment Description:

Club Affiliation: Bavarian Contest Club  (BCC)

                             Signature ______OE5OHO_____________________

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               Oliver HUBER  OE5OHO
               Breitwiesergutstr. 18
               A-4020 LINZ,
               AUSTRIA

COMMENT:

It was saturday high noon, as I decided to participate. At 13z I startet to
run
on 10m, at 2:30z I took a nap for 2h. A relaxed contest and a lot of fun!

10m again was the most productive band!! I made 30% of my Q`s on that band.
Overall I worked 57% NA followed by EU with 33% - this gives quite an
impression on what condx were like.
As Fred K3ZO put it - you had to stop running on 10m early enough to run on
15m
as MUF decreased _very_ fast, even if you might miss some mults on 10m !

Until now I always signed unassisted - but as condx were fine I wanted to keep
an eye on the possible "new ones". In February this year I discovered how to
use a BAYCOM modem successfully with CT-software (thanks to contesting.com and
an oldman from Brasil).
As many Europeans use modems I guess this might be interesting for some of
you,
therefore I will upload the info to my homepage.

MOMENTS TO REMEMBER: My deepest respect to FK8HC and PY0ZFO who both kept
waiting till the Europeans stopped QRMing and who pulled me into their logs!!
Also big thanks go to V73CW who called me on 15m.
I had a QSO with Mike at R1AND days before the contest and he said he would
look for me - guess what, he _really_ made it!!! TNX Mike.

All in all a fantastic contest with many surprises and good participation - it
really seems to me that CQ WW contests make the earth tremble year after year!

vy 73 de Oliver OE5OHO.

Visit <A HREF=http://www.qsl.net/oe5oho> www.qsl.net/oe5oho </A> for logsearch
and Baycom<->CT infos in the future...

PS: Congrats to the CN8WW team - it was really easy to work them on 6
bands!!! Good ears
and skilled OP´s - I joined BCC this month...

PPS: John, K3WWP, made it into my log on 10 and 40m running 5W ! He wrote a
fantastic story about last CQWW CW - read it!!!
<A HREF=http://www.alltel.net/~johnshan/contest_99cqwwdx.html> K3WWP CQWW
story </A>