[3830] VK4EMM ARRL 10M SO Mixed LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] VK4EMM ARRL 10M SO Mixed LP
From: John Loftus" <John_Loftus@vettweb.net.au (John Loftus)
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 19:10:09 +1000
                     ARRL 10 METER CONTEST -- 1999

      Call: VK4EMM                   Country:  Australia
                                     Category: Single Operator Low Power
       Mode: Mixed
       Operation: 30 hours.

      MODE      QSO    QSO PTS  STATES  COUNTRIES

       CW     1337     5380       55       70
      SSB      467      934       46       55

      Totals  1804     6314      101      125  =   1,426,964

Equipment Description:

Beam 1: 7 element Yagi at 15m above ground
Beam 2: 4 element Yagi at 10m above ground
Radio 1: Kenwood TS850 used as transceiver
Radio 2: Kenwood TS570 used as receiver only.
Filter: Home made T/R switch to protect TS570 (enables TX CW while RX SSB)
Switching: Home made antenna switch matrix, controller, and matching system.

Comments

I enjoyed the best band conditions since my first entry in 1994. On day 1,
Europe was very strong on both long and short paths simultaneously - with
lots of echo. Instant switching between separate beams in each direction
really helped. On day 2, North America was strong before 1730 UTC, and was
solid to the end. Without doubt, the ARRL 10m contest sits with the very
best in the contest calendar. Thanks to all for another great weekend.

Club Affiliation:

Pacific Rim Contest Club