[3830] HA5BSW ARRL 10 METER MIX QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] HA5BSW ARRL 10 METER MIX QRP
From: ha5bsw@elender.hu (HA5BSW Tibor Kiss)
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 11:45:12 -0000
                       ARRL TEN METER CONTEST  1999

      Call: HA5BSW                   Country:  Hungary
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator QRP

      MODE      QSO    QSO PTS  STATES  COUNTRIES

      CW       515     2068       41       63
      SSB      265      530       37       54

      Totals   780     2598       78      117  =   506.610

HOME MADE  / REMADE CB RADIO / 5 W OUT
ANT 4 ELE QUAD
7 ELE YAGI

                              Continent Statistics
            HA5BSW       Single Operator QRP     12 Dec 1999  1644z

      CW
North America        207    26.5
South America          11     1.4
Europe                   146    18.7
Asia                       120    15.4
Africa                        6     0.8
Oceania                   11     1.4

     SSB
North America     149    19.1
South America       13     1.7
Europe                   45     5.8
Asia                      38     4.9
Africa                     4     0.5
Oceania                  3     0.4

Remarks: Hi all, I tryed to do some QRP work in these contest again. That
was a really great contest! Indeed I don't have a good score or so, but I
actually worked 4 new DXCC-Countries and some new bandpoints. With QRP it's
hard to get mults, pile ups were strong and I was weak. If  I  was a bit
stronger could work ID, NV, MT, but they didnt copy me.
Theband was full of UA's and UR's, but suddenly I heard a loud JT, and I was
lucky! I got him on the first call. After working some other EU / AS
multipliers and WP2, the band suddenly was open to W/VE. It was a great
experience to see the signals growing better. At first there was VO1MP, but
no ther NA, then W1 came through. At about 12:15 UTC I could hear and work
all the eastcoast with really big signals. I had no problems to get through
anyway, and I worked until 17 UTC, when the condx went down. I worked many
W5/9/0 in the late afternoon.
 One big problem is my QTH in central EU: I couldn't work any EU,the other
EU-
Countries are simply to close to me.  At all I must say: CONDX were
splendid,  it was a great fun and I'll be back next year!