[3830] VA3RU ARRL10m M/S (ua)

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] VA3RU ARRL10m M/S (ua)
From: va3ru@dipole.com (Dipole)
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 10:02:34 -0500

                                          ARRL 10 METER CONTEST -- 1999

      Call: VA3RU                    Country:  Canada
                                                Category: Multi Single

      MODE      QSO    QSO PTS  STATES  COUNTRIES

       CW     1228     4928       54       73
      SSB      832     1664       53       66

      Totals  2060     6592      107      139  =   1,621,632

Operator List:   VA3EU-Geo, VA3RU-Lali

Equipment Description: FT101ZD + L4B, A4S + 4 ele mono.

Very interesting CONDX. First night like VHF. It required quite a skill to
make contacts in few seconds at the peak of the QSB or MS burst.
>From this altitude it is difficult to go over 2000 QSOs. Again we were just
listening how the big guns from the South were runing the whole country
while we had only few back scatters. We have tried to compensate the CONDX
with lots of CW QSOs. Our packet didn't work for some misterious reasons so
we missed many multipliers. Is there a category for M/S UA? (I guess
not...hi) Hopely next year brings even better CONDX. Thanks to everyone for
the QSOs, it was fun.

Club Affiliation: Toronto High Speed Club

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               Lajos Laki  VA3RU
               53 Widdicombe Hill Blvd
               Toronto, ON M9R 1Y3