[3830] ARRL 10 N6BT SO CW HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N6BT SO CW HP
From: k2kw@prodigy.net (k2kw@prodigy.net)
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 17:00:21 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N6BT
Operator(s): K2KW
Station:

Class: SO CW HP
Operating Time (hrs): 26

   CW:   1703    137
  SSB:
----------------------
Total:   1703    137  =  939,820

Comments:

Equipment Description:

TS870, TenTec Titan Amp, CT Software
Force 12 C-19 @ 30', vertical dipole

Comments:

Thanks to Tom and Bonnie Schiller for their hospitality and use of their
station.

Small antennas really do work!: Most of the time when I was working
stateside,
I was using a vertical!  I had no problem holding the frequency and running
with the vertical, while the Yagi was specifically used for EU or JA.

On Sunday when the rate started slowing down in the late morning, I went up
28.135 for a few hours and called CQ at 20 WPM (with QRS even more as
required).  It was fun to make QSOs with all the Novices and Technicians who
called in (hopefully they will be upgraded next year!)

Club Affiliation: Northern California Contest Club

73, Kenny K2KW

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/