[3830] ARRL 10 N6TDM SO SSB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N6TDM SO SSB HP
From: don@kcnet.com (Don Nutt)
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 20:01:10 -0600
N6TDM - Missouri, USA
Sender: owner-3830@contesting.com

Class: SO SSB HP
Operating Time (hrs): 21

      MODE      QSO    QSO PTS  STATES  COUNTRIES

      CW         0        0        0        0
      SSB     1803     3606       61       67

      Totals  1803     3606       61       67  =3D   461,568

Equipment Description:  TS850, TenTec Titan, KLM KT34XA @ 100'=20

Club Affiliation:  KCDXC

Notes:

First contest with this setup.  I just got the tower and the equipment =
up and completed on Sunday of SS Phone. I was really pleased with the =
overall operation.  However I need to put the TH6 up @ 60' and put the =
56' free standing up with the A4 for more flexibility.

Downs: =20

1. Not enough operating time. =20
2. I need to get the wife a job that's 9-5 Mon-Fri.  No Sat/Sun. =20
3. I had to baby sit both Saturday and Sunday. =20
4. Learn 10m propagation strategy for next year (got the head start from =
this contest).

Ups:

1. I had FUN!
2. The system works.
3. No neighbor interference ( I am on 5 acres).
4. Major complement by an XE2 station.  He said that my signal was to =
wide.  I hope he understands that  5 kcs is not far enough apart when =
signal strengths are 40 to 60 dB over 9.  Try the attenuator.  It works. =
 It was the only way I was able to minimize his interference to me.  Out =
of courtesy I did move.  I found a few top stations that were pounding =
me with great signals. What great condx's.
5. I was able to sustain rates of +100/hr rates and 10/qso rates above =
240

The Future:

2nd radio. Purchase 2nd and 3rd major towers (Rohn 45 and 55, 56' HBX =
not included) for monobanders and stacked system.  This will take a =
couple of years.  Sprint and MCI stock options are awesome. Get my CW =
proficiency up to 25+ rate (2000 resolution).  I am missing to much. =
Possibly a callsign change to 0 land.  The 6 land call in MO causes =
confusion (hmmm, could work to my advantage.....hmmm).

CU in the future.

Don=20

N6TDM