[3830] ARRL 10 N2VZA SO SSB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N2VZA SO SSB LP
From: N2VZA@arrl.net (N2VZA@arrl.net)
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 15:05:46 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N2VZA
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SO SSB LP
Operating Time (hrs): 29.75

   CW:
  SSB:    664    110
----------------------
Total:    664    110  =  146,080

Comments:

Woof!

What a contest!  The conditions were TOO good.  When a K5 station can
overload
the front end of a little N2 station you know something is happening!  The
meter never came down below +40!

Did anyone else notice the rocks helping us out Friday nite (0200-0400 zulu
Dec. 11)?

I wasted 30 minutes Friday nite calling FK8GM only to get him the first try
on
Saturday nite.  Firsts for me included 3V8BB, RW2F, T99W, JY4NE, OH0Z and I
really appreciated the time JI1ACI spent with me to get it logged.

Sunday morning I aimed the quad North East and worked Europeans continually
with Floridians off the side for 4 hours!  I turned the antenna West and
worked
Californians and Texans with Florida off the side again for 4 more hours.  I
feel like I worked every Ham in California and Italy!  I couldn't move from
the
chair for 8 hours because I was afraid to lose the frequency!

The feeling is just starting to return to my butt!

Station equipment included a Kenwood TS 520SE at 80 Watts, a Shure SM 58
mic, a
Dorrough 3 band Discriminate Audio Processor, an AAE Bandmaster 2 element
monoband quad at 35', a Solarcon vertical at 25' (great for working the
Carribean monsters without having to swing around the rotor and the only
thing
that would work to NH and VA) and my computer Sound Blaster card for CQing.

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/