[3830] CQWW CW W6YX Multi-Single HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W6YX Multi-Single HP
From: mikeh@airflash.com (mikeh@airflash.com)
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 14:32:05 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - CW

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): W6KNS, W6LD, N7MH
Station:

Class: Multi-Single HP
Operating Time (hrs): 35:20

  160:
   80:     45     13     21
   40:    510     32     88
   20:    137     28     73
   15:    311     33     87
   10:    459     29     81
-------------------------------
Total:   1462    135    350  =  2,018,085

Comments:

Thanksgiving weekend took its toll on our operating time with visiting
relatives and family trips.  We either had 2 or 3 ops at the same time or
none
at all, not the best for a multi-single effort.

Our 80 meter efforts were subdued because we had a separate contest group
sitting outside in the rain, operating the EME contest from the station, and
their array of 2 meter yagis was about 2 feet away from our inverted vee.
Any
time we transmitted on 80 it was getting into their receiver, preventing
them
from hearing anything.  Too bad we can't count the Italian and Swedish
country
and zone multipliers they worked on 2M for CQWW.

The 40M opening to Europe and the Middle East in the last hour of the
contest
was a real surprise.  Working a couple new countries on 40 at the end pulled
our 40 meter country total higher than any other band, highlighting the fact
that we were off the air during some of the prime multiplier hours on 10,
15,
and 20.  For next year we need a 160M antenna, good receiving antennas on
the
low bands, and better coordination of relatives' visits to be on the air for
the full 48 hours.

-Mike, N7MH

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/