[3830] Stew Perry Scoring Errors

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Stew Perry Scoring Errors
From: jbmitch@vt.edu (John B. Mitchell)
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 21:14:46 -0500
I've noticed several scores which appear to have been doubled in error.
Please note if you are using NA, and I'm not sure bu perhaps other
software, that once you plug in "100Watts" into the initial config
screen, the software automatically scores your contacts 2 pts, 4 pts, 6
pts, etc., that is, it figures the X2 multiplier for you.  So, if you
check your log summary and notice that there are no 1 pt qso's, and you
know you worked someone closer than 500 KM, then you can be sure that
the score has already been doubled.
My version of NA (latest) also prints out a summary of qso's by point
value, and there were no 1 point qsos, even though I know I worked many.
So the x2 has been done.
As a rule of thumb, around 200 qsos equals about 500 pts, Hi power,
stateside, 1000 pts low power, and 2000 QRP.
DX stations obviously will have higher per qso pts.
73,
John K4IQ