[3830] 9A7P ARRL RTTY Roundup M/S LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] 9A7P ARRL RTTY Roundup M/S LP
From: hrle@rkp.ice.hr (hrle@rkp.ice.hr)
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 18:49:30 +0100 (CET)
ARRL RTTY Roundup 2000.

Call used: 9A7P
Location:  Croatia

Entry Class: Multi Op, Single Xmit, Low Power
LOW POWER LOW POWER LOW POWER LOW POWER LOW POWER LOW POWER LOW POWER

Band    QSOs   Pts   QTH    DX
80       132   132     0    30
40       129   129    21    30
20       162   162    26    36
15       114   114    28    26
10        25    25    12     9
--------------------------------------
Total    562   562    40*   49*
--------------------------------------
* - Counted only once (not once per band)
--------------------------------------
Time on air: 22.3 hours
--------------------------------------

Claimed Score: 50018
OPies: 9A5AEI (flu) Patrick, 9A6NHH Hrle

RTX: TS440S (great job)
ANT: 2 el. QUAD (20, 15 & 10m)
     Dipole 40m (bad SWR - vy deaf)
     Dipole 80m
PCs: 486/DX4 100MHz : BTL v1.54  : Sound Blaster Pro v1
     486/SX   33MHz : CT v9.27   : logging + packet
     Pentium 133MHz : WF1B v3.2C : final check
PWR: 100W
     on 40m because of SWR 70 W out 30 W back :)

Club Participation: WWYC - World Wide Young Contesters

Remarks: -- 9A7P's 1st contest in Y2K. --
         We planned to work this contest for a long time, but day
         before contest Patrick said he's not able to work so we decided
         we will not work at all. As Saturday was quite boring day
         half hour before contest we changed our minds and started to
         prepare ourselves. It was 1734Z when Patrick went home to take
         PC (his 486/100MHz) and when he returned (1750Z) we found
         out that cables that connects SB with RTX are out of use (guys
         from club needed connectors for the camera) so Patrick had to repair
         that while I made that PC 486/33MHz get on with CT & Packet.
         New problem showed at 1825Z when Sound Blaster card from Patrick's
         PC wouldnt work. So we had to take SB card from Pentium and put it
         on Patrick's machine. Finaly at 1834Z 1st QSO was made. Of course
         our shack was in biggest mess so far :).
         It started really bad. QSOs were going slowly (I guess NAQP tooked
         most of NA's activity). Night was quite boring and 1st better runs
         showed in 0800Z. After that we had some nice fun. 1st problems
         during contest showed up when Patrick went to 10m and then fuse on
         our power supply blew off (usuall case for RTTY working:)) but as
         we had no extra fuses Patrick putted some wire (just to get back on
         air again). After making some QSOs Patrick went home because he
         couldnt wait for me (again we lost much time because my dad didnt
         woke me up when he had to and it was during best open on 10m).
         After all this mess we were on the air again and planned to finish
         contest with at least 600 Q's but 2 hours before the end TS440S gone
         crazy and at 2206Z was our last qso.
         We hope next year misstake about having more good contests at same
         time will not happen. This week JIDX, NAQP & ARRL RU.

        * 9A7P in ARRL 1999: 554 qsos, 46835 points - a bit better this year.
          Last year we ended in Single Op - Low Power instead of Multi Single
          - Low Power, we hope same misstake will not happen again in ARRL HQ.

        * we heard only 9A5D from 9A stations in contest. Really bad:(

         Thanks for reading this loooong message we hope we didnt cause any
         sleepness.
         Please can anyone send me e-mail address for this contest? :)

                         73 de 9A7P YOUNG DREAM TEAM from 9A
                                   9A6NHH and 9A5AEI

"I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations
established for amateur radio in my country. My report is correct
and true to the best of my knowledge. I agree to be bound by the
decisions of the Awards Committee."

                                    Patrick Hrvatin               9A5AEI

RADIOCLUB "PAZIN"
P.O.BOX 73