[3830] RTTY Roundup 2000 K0BX MUILOP HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup 2000 K0BX MUILOP HP
From: jduerbus@marz.com (Joseph J. Duerbusch)
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 02:35:12 +0000
2000 ARRL RTTY Roundup

CALL USED      K0BX    State or province: MO

SCORING:  724  QSO points x   104 multipliers =     75296  claimed score

Count 1 point per complete QSO.

      75296 Claimed Score     724   QSOs     104  Multipliers
          Power Output  350   Hrs of Op 21

Multioperator Station
K0BX + PacketCluster.

Equipment Description:
Rigs: Kenwood TS-850S/AT Drake L-7 Amp @350Watts Neighbors, you know!
Antennas: 4 Element Monobander for 20, 3 element dualbander for 10/15
Butternut Vertical, Ground Mounted for 40/80
Software: Writelog W/Soundcard

Soapbox:  I know I was hooked when I make 150 q's in the first 3 hours,
no turning back.
Light rain fell, noise to zero.  Bands were hot!  Kids went back to
college Saturday instead
of Sunday.  I didn't have to take them to dinner Saturday night (they
just took the money instead).  WX outside about 50F, so basement was not
too cold.  What could be better?  Good rate and lots of mulpliers.
Stayed a bit longer on 15 meters Saturday night to get a good but short
opening to Asia.  Then up early Sunday, 6:45 am (1245Z) on the air to
get the European opening.  Good thing as it also was short as then
everyone moved to 15 meters.

I have been in every Rtty Roundup except the first.  I never thought
that it was possible to get above the 600 q' point.  The extra power
helped, but it was the amount of stations on the air that made the hight
score possible.  I used to be the one of the few Missouri Stations on,
this year I counted 9 stations on from Missouri within 20 miles of my
house.

Good Contest, Cu Next Year
Joe K0BX St. Louis MO