[3830] RTTY Roundup AD5A Multi LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup AD5A Multi LP
From: ad5a@sat.net (ad5a@sat.net)
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 10:23:05 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: AD5A
Operator(s): AD5A, AB5EB
Station: AD5A

Class: Multi LP
Operating Time (hrs): 23

Section/DXCC: TX

   80:     48
   40:    200
   20:    256
   15:    313
   10:    123
-------------------------------
Total:    940 x     96  =  90,240

Comments:

Although QSO's were up slightly this year (3.7%), I think it was from a better
game plan and not increased activity. The rates early in the contest were
especially disappointing, while for us the rates on Sunday were a little better
than expected. I am not sure what impact PSK 31 had on the the RTTY activity,
but I would suspect that is the reason the rates on Saturday were less than
expected.

My son (AB5EB)and I do this contest each year. He took a break from his medical
school studies to play radio. We were at first disappointed in our totals
because we didn't meet our goal of 1,000 Q's, however based on everyone's
comments that activity was down, we felt better about the effort.

We have to focus a little more on rate from our Texas QTH running low power
because we always come up with few less DX mulitpliers that our East Coast
brethren.

Radio: FT1000MP
Software: WF1B v 4.5
Antenna: Force 12 C4SXL 10 - 40 @ 70'