[3830] K4RO CW SPrint HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K4RO CW SPrint HP
From: K4RO Kirk Pickering <k4ro@k4ro.net> (K4RO Kirk Pickering)
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 01:37:55 -0600 (CST)
 CW Sprint February 2000      Contest Date : 13-Feb-2000
                              (30th anniversary of 2-13-70 Dark Star...)

 Station Used : K4RO     Operator : K4RO     Category : SO HP

 Default Exchange : The Correct Way!    Team/Club : TCG Amigos #1

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Countries

   80CW       99          99         99       6         0
   40CW      119         119        119      24         1
   20CW       76          76         76      18         1

 Totals      294         294        294      48         2

    Final Score = 14,700 points.

 Soapbox Comments
 ________________

 Listeneing to WWV Major Storm report made me wonder what was
 going to happen.  Dark Star crashes.  Sometimes solar storms
 can mean interesting conditions for a domestic contest in TN.
 Unfortunately the 20 meter short skip never materialized.

 Listeneing to N2AA and W0UA in QSO on 40 CW the night before at
 what must have been 50+ WPM was very inspiring.  I probably
 ran the keyer in excess of my ability at times.

 Only missed HC8N on 80m due to not synching up.  FB signal everywhere.
 My name "KIRK" is a handicap, but you're all stuck with it. :-)
 I can almost TASTE 300 QSO's in this maddening event.  C U NEXT TIME!

 -Kirk  K4RO