[3830] W1HIJ@K6CBS ARRL CW M/S

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W1HIJ@K6CBS ARRL CW M/S
From: bogus@does.not.exist.com ()
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 23:50:05 EST
             40    20   15    10       TOTAL
Qso's       453 211 406 559     1629
Mults        62  64  65  76      267
 About 44 hours      1,281,600 points
 Operators: W1HIJ and K7GT

Wow! There's no meters like 10 meters! After a really poor start in the first
two hours, the rest of the contest went uphill. We (W1HIJ and K7GT) had set a
goal of a 60% increase in Q's and a 25% increase in mults over last year and
made them both, although after the first seven hours, I never thought it
would happen.

No 80 meters because the station is located at CBS Television City in
Hollywood and studio cameras with a 3.58 MHz color carrier don't tolerate 80
meter RF very well! We elected not to use packet either, but to practice
"listening and tuning" skills. Station is an FT1000D, Alpha 87A, and an M2
squared log periodic (7 elements) at 130 feet.