[3830] ARRLDX CW K3ND SOAB Ast

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K3ND SOAB Ast
From: K3ND@yahoo.com (K3ND@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 08:43:38 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL DX Contest - CW

Call: K3ND
Operator(s): K3ND
Station: K3ND

Class: SOAB Ast
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 25

  160:      8      8
   80:     64     38
   40:    180     67
   20:    244     89
   15:    289     82
   10:    436     91
----------------------
Total:   1221    375  =  1,373,625

Comments:

Had snow/sleet/ice storm on Friday that continued thru the nite with freezing
rain.  This sure didn't help the SWR on the 10-40 antennas.  The SWR was in the
3 to 4:1 range until we finally got some melting on Sunday morning.  I had to
run at reduced power to keep the amplifier from arcing occasionally.  The best
run of the contest was Sunday on ten meters at 28158!  Spent several hours
there and they just kept coming back.  Guess conditions were just right for my
TH6 at 62ft. Boy, ten meters is really something, isn't it?

73, Stew K3ND

K3ND        1221  375 1,373,625SOAB Ast